Thursday, June 11, 2009

The very last day of Kindergarten :o(

So last Friday was Lexi's last day of Kindergarten. I'm pretty sure I was way more upset about it than she was, I cannot believe my baby is officially a first grader! It seems like only yesterday... okay maybe I shouldn't go there!! So on the last day, all of the kids got to walk over to the park down the street and play and have lunch there. Of course Ellie and I came along as well to spend park day with our favorite Kindergartner! It was a blast. So bummed though, I forgot to bring Lexi's yearbook to have everyone sign it. After they played awhile and had lunch, they all walked back to the school to say goodbye to their teachers and get their report cards. It was so bittersweet for me. Nice to see that Lexi has done so well and will be moving on, but so sad to leave Kindergarten. Even more sad to know that in what I'm sure will be three SHORT months, my little girl will be at school all day long. I really just sort of feel like my time with her is up. I know we will still have after school, but it seemed like there were never enough hours in the day when she was at school for only four hours. I don't know how we will get to spend time together between school, homework, bath time, gym, soccer, girl scouts, etc. WAY too much going on here!! I am also really going to miss the Kindergarten teachers! I have been working with them all year and I am kind of sad to have to get to know new teachers!! Wait a second, shouldn't I be more sad for Lexi to have to get to know new teachers??!! Anyway, I am really excited about the busy summer ahead! We have so much fun stuff planned :o). Here are some pictures from park day...

Attempting to jump rope...
Madison, Lexi, Grace, and Hannah...Lexi and her teacher, Mrs. Hamilton...

0 comments: