Sunday, June 7, 2009

***DISNEYLAND***

So on Friday May, 22nd we headed to Anaheim to visit our FAVORITE place! Such a bummer though, Britton didn't come with us this time, and we missed him ALOT! But my whole family was going and we couldn't miss an opportunity to go to the happiest place on earth :o). My grandparents drove together, my mom rode with my girls and I, and my Uncle Matt, Marcey and Kolby flew out from Colorado.

On the way down, we hit some major traffic which we found out a few miles (and about an hour later) was actually due to a car that caught on fire and in turn, caused a pretty good sized fire that was headed up the hills. They had a helicopter trying to put the fire out. So here I am in bumper to bumper traffic trying to get some pictures of it all in my car while driving!!
We got to our hotel at around midnight and went straight to bed. Uncle Matt +2 flew in the next day and we went over to their hotel and surprised them since they didn't know we were coming! Then the kids played in the pool for a little while and we all went out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (which I love!)
Our hotels were pretty close to each other (we stayed at a different hotel because my friend Priscilla got me 2 free nights!!!, and it even had a full size kitchen which was great because I was able to make the girls breakfast every morning and store all of our snack foods for our days in the park.) In between our hotels was this awesome little shopping mall called the Garden walk which we walked through after dinner-it was so cute! The kids had a lot of fun running around and playing in there. Lexi and Kolby were instant best buddies!
The next day was day 1 in the park! The girls looked so cute in their Minnie outfits :o). We rode some rides and played around!
I wish I had gotten more pictures on the first day, but everything was just sort of go, go, go, and plus it was just so much work to get the camera out when I was already juggling so much stuff! Which brings us to day 2... Pretty much the same thing; rides, rides, and more rides!
Us with Chip... or Dale...
We did come across a pretty awesome parade that Lexi actually got to be in-fun!
Doing the twist with some guy from High School Musical...
After the parade we rode "It's A Small World" again, because it was Ellie's FAVORITE ride the day before! She was wide eyed, dancing and singing the whole time! Her face still lights up when I sing her that song.
Ellie thought Kolby's face painting was HILARIOUS! She kept roaring at him :o).
The first night we were at Disney, my mom lost her ticket so she couldn't get into the parks the next day. So on the second night, she came and picked Ellie up from me and Lexi and I got to spend some time with just us, which was amazing. We shared some clam chowder, got some hot cocoa, and rode all of the roller coasters at night, which I now believe is the BEST time to ride them! First of all there were NO lines, plus we could see the fireworks while we were on the Matterhorn which was pretty awesome. But most of all, Big Thunder Mountain is a completely different ride at night and I will never ride it in the daytime again! The whole inside of the mountain is all light up and it is amazing! Lexi was so good, we really needed that time together since we don't get it very often these days. She kept saying "I love spending time with you!" Melted my heart :o).
All in all I would say it was a pretty great trip. But certainly not the same without the Daddy! We missed him SO much and it was pretty tough to travel without him. Even though we had a blast, I will never travel without him again!!!

0 comments: