Saturday, July 16, 2011

August and September 2010...

August and September were not crazy picture taking months for me, which is good and bad. Bad because I'm noticing that I take less and less pictures as the years go on {which is awful} but good because I have one less blog post in my catching up!! I am quite proud of myself for trying to get up to date on this thing, feels like forever since I've REALLY blogged. What I mean is, it's quite difficult to remember the stories that went with the pictures over a year later. I can't wait until I can get back to the place where I still remember those stories while posting the pictures! Really I've gotten pretty bad about all of it, picture taking, blogging, and I certainly haven't scrapbooked in forever. It seems like we are just to busy for these super important things anymore. But here I am trying to get better!! In the beginning of August, I made a horrible decision (and behind my husband's back) and decided to let Lexi get a haircut. She had been begging for one FOREVER, but I regretted it the second the lady made the first cut! Everybody said it looked so good, and of course anything would look good on a kid that cute, but it just wasn't the same!! And Britton was NOT happy. Thankfully it has grown back since, and I will probably never do it again!





 Come to think of it, August was apparently full of bad ideas! I also thought it was a good idea to move Ellie's bed in to Lexi's room so they could share a room. I don't even think that lasted a whole week!!
        We had the annual Gomez-Calvillo family reunion-which I took like 5 pictures at lol!!




 My friend Bishop and I threw a baby shower for one of our very best friends, Priscilla-which turned out fabulously!! Look how cute she is-almost about to pop and you can't even tell she's pregnant!!

  Then it was back to the daily grind, Lexi's very first day of second grade!! So big!!!

             Ellie and I took yet another trip to the zoo with our friends...





 I always take the girls (or whichever girl is with me) to my favorite ice cream shop in East Sac when we are even just a little bit close to downtown! They love Burr's Fountain just as much as I do! And we usually hit my old taco shop before hand. Ah I miss that neighborhood!!

                          Some random photos I like from August...
       Lexi took and made these photos with her new iPhone! She is so silly!!

                                                            So sweet!!

 In September we always go camping at Gerle Creek for Labor Day weekend. I am not the biggest fan of camping, but I'm getting better, and the girls can't get enough of it!!





















                             A random photo I like from September!
                   Lexi and her skull face painting after her fall festival at school!
                                                     Sisterly love :o)
 And of course, we can't forget that Ellie's favorite, baby Harper was born in September!!! So cute and tiny!!

0 comments: