Yesterday was the annual Teddy Bear Picnic at Rainbow Orchards in Apple Hill. We took Lexi last year and had a blast, so I knew I definitely wanted to make it a yearly event for us. I had told Britton about it sometime last month, but he ended up having to work so I was really bummed! So I decided to bring Michele, Merika, and Hunter with us. Hunter and Lexi met in their first year of preschool and have been great friends for a little over 2 years now, he is also on Lexi's soccer team. Of course, the kids had a blast decorating their teddy bears, playing old fashioned carnival games and walking the teddy bear parade. 


They got lots of prizes for the games they played and they each got to adopt a book. The kids also got to go on stage and participate in a little children's music class thing where they got to play various instruments including the violin, which I am happy to report, Lexi really enjoyed playing. I was glad to hear that because it is probably my favorite so I can't wait until she is old enough for lessons :o). 
Their teddy bears also got to visit the teddy doctor for a check-up and I am happy to report that all of the bears are healthy!
We of course had to bring 2 bears-"1 for Ellie!!" We couldn't let her hold it of course because Lexi had put a little flower on it, but I did let her hold it for a second and she was hugging it and smiling so big at it. She's such a little sweetie! 
Speaking of Ellie, she did really great, as always. I believe she is getting a little sick of being stuck in her stroller or the carrier for all of these events though as she was a little fussy! But as most of you know an unhappy Ellie always feels better if you give her something to eat (whether she's hungry or not!) So I just kept feeding her to keep her in line!! We had lunch and the kids got face (and arm) paintings and then got to have some treats :o).
We stuck around long enough to find out that we didn't win any of the wonderful baskets in the raffle-again!! They have the most awesome baskets that they put together for this thing and I am determined to win one someday. Then of course we went over to the little store to get what I really went there for-fresh peaches...and they are even better this year than they were last year. I am always kicking myself for not getting more since you cannot find a good peach in any of my local grocery stores. We had such a great time, but it was way too much to carry everything while pushing a stroller up all those bumpy hills. I am SO lucky that Michele and Merika came with us or I would have been screwed, they were so helpful!! 














0 comments:
Post a Comment