Thursday, September 11, 2008

Obsession? Yeah, I think so...

My dear Lexi has been collecting ponies for quite some time now. She has always loved ponies, but has an even bigger infatuation for "pony ville" ponies which are teeny tiny ponies that come with different "houses" and many teeny tiny accessories. I must say, Britton and I have become quite fond of them as well! We are right behind her in Walmart checking to see if there are any new ponies, and we love to surprise her with them whenever we find new ones she didn't yet know about. Even Santa and the Easter bunny have brought her pony ville sets from time to time. Although Lexi loves pony ville ponies, she is still an equal opportunity pony collector. She loves ALL ponies; little ponies, big ponies, pink ponies, blue ponies, ponies w/ horns, ponies w/o horns, ponies w/ real hair, ponies w/ plastic hair, ponies in rock bands, ponies in rainbow houses, etc., etc. If there is a pony we do not own, Lexi must have it. (She is very polite about it though, and respects the fact that sometimes we have to wait until Friday for a new pony!!) Lately though, ponies have sort of taken over her room. What was once housed in a small plastic container has now turned into two VERY LARGE plastic containers! It has gotten to the point where actually playing with ponies is more work than it's worth! So the other day I decided that it was time to set up ALL of pony ville and the rest of the ponies for the very first time ever!! Needless to say, it took us so long to put it all together that I have let her leave it all out for about a week now because I don't want to have to do it all again :o). It's actually quite nice though, because while I LOVE playing with my girl, she never can entertain herself for more than 10 minutes or so, except for now :o). She has been disappearing in her room for hours and when I go to check on her ponies are singing and riding roller coasters and having dress up parties all day long! I just had to get some pictures of what this "little" collection has become...
I know you're thinking "There goes her college fund!" But Daddy's betting on a soccer scholarship :o). What can I say? The girl LOVES her ponies! And how can you say no to a face like that anyway?

2 comments:

Chandra said...

WOW! It's like pony wonderland! Faith too has the pony obsession. What is it with girls and their ponies! Too cute! Don't let Ellie in that room . . or she may end up like Tegan with a Pony stuck in her mouth! LOL

Jessie Marie said...

That is awesome... girls are so fun! But you know what this means right? Shoes are next! That is ok though... then we can all go shoe shopping together! Oh the men in our lives are screwed!