Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sweet, sweet sisters...

Ellie officially has less than one month until her birthday-ugh! She turned 11 months old 3 days ago. I had put her in a dress that was Lexi's some time ago and one of my very favorites. The tag on the dress read 12-18 months which is the size Ellie has been wearing for a few months now. I kept looking at Ellie in this dress thinking Lexi seemed so much bigger when she fit in it so I had to check her scrapbook to make sure. I remember the exact page I did of Lexi in that dress so I flipped to it real quick and read the date on the pictures. The date was March (something) 2005, which means Lexi was just 2 months away from 2 years old when she was wearing that dress. Holy cow! I knew this baby was big, but I had no idea she was THAT big!! She is trying so hard to talk these days! She has been making an "ssss" sound back at us every time we say "sissy" to her for about a month or 2 now, but she also repeats an occasional uh-oh and wow, of course, in addition to Mama and Dada which she has been saying for quite a while as well. But today I am POSITIVE she was saying bye to some of our friends when we were leaving pancake breakfast play group this morning! She is such a little doll :o)...These girls are developing quite the sisterly relationship!! They are super sweet to each other (most of the time) and love to play together. Although, I can already see the 2 of them fighting in the near future. Ellie is already learning to hold her own though, as she has had enough of being "pushed around" by her big sis. Once Lexi has over stepped her boundaries, Ellie will just let out a loud screech every time Lexi gets next to her again, which is sometimes followed with a push. I have a feeling Ellie is going to end up being the bigger of the 2 very soon here! Especially with all of the food she is consuming these days, if you're eating it, she needs a piece-or ten. But for now I am happy to say that most of the time they are great friends. There are so many amazing things that I get to see these girls do every day that makes it even greater to be able to stay home with my girls every single day. But I must say that the best and most rewarding part of my day is early in the morning. Ellie usually wakes up quite a bit earlier than Lexi, and her and I cuddle a little before I make her bottle and Lexi's breakfast and then before I feed Ellie, I bring her in with me to wake Lexi up. The smile that lights up Ellie's face every morning when she wakes her sister up is absolutely priceless. She touches her face and hugs her and lays her head on her all the while, smiling this big joyous grin. It just melts my heart to see how much love she already has for her big sis-which of course, is reciprocated with lots of love as well. It is a wonder how I came to be so lucky to wake up to these angels every day and not have to leave for work! Well I better get back to my 2 sickies-Ellie has had a cold for almost a week now-hence some of the snotty nose in the photos above, and today Lexi's little cold got much worse. When I picked her up at school today she was burning up-isn't it nice how nobody else notices these things when they are away from you? Anyway, she fell asleep in the car on the way home-which she NEVER does, and when we got home she was bawling and complaining of a headache. Shortly after I put her in her comfies and had her lay down she got sick. She still has a pretty high fever and is very uncomfortable. I hope she is able to make it to school tomorrow as it is a big week for her. She and her best bud Kylie were both the very first students of the week in their classes this week. They get to do little things like be line leader and take roll up to the office and do any activity they want at activity time. I hope she doesn't have to miss any of that as she was quite proud of herself for getting it! I do so hate it when these girls are sick. It is so tough to watch them be in pain and uncomfortable. Poor babies! Here is our lovely student of the week...

1 comments:

Jessie Marie said...

They are such little love bugs! I hate seing Lola sick too. It's like, "Please god can you just make me sick and leave them alone!" Oh yes and I know ALLL about big babies! My little monkey is at leaast 17 lbs.... Our kids are obviousley abused and starved haha! Do you still have both girls in the bed? I don't ever want Lola to move out of our room:(