So...we went camping this weekend-YUK, but omg guess what? I am still alive! I didn't get eaten by a bear; I didn't have a heart attack from all the dirt my children were covered in; and none of the in-laws shot me, even after all of the complaining I did (although I'm sure at least one of them must have considered it at one point or another!!) So how was it, you ask? It was camping! I still don't like camping or dirt or bugs or the un-bathrooms or the lack of showers, and so on and so forth...I could go on but I will spare you the rest and just tell you about our trip.!
We attempted to take Lexi out in the canoe, but didn't get too far because it was getting windy and I didn't exactly love the fact that it felt like it was going to tip over every time we rowed! At night by the fire, Lexi got to have smores for the first time ever, so that was a big hit! She snuggled up to Uncle Corey by the fire-she just loves him so :o).
That first night was actually livable-the air mattress kept it's air all night, and it wasn't too terribly freezing. On Sunday we went to Loon Lake nearby and attempted to teach Lexi how to fish. 
It was pretty windy out so we didn't last long at all! She and Britton were able to catch a few rocks in their attempts before we headed back to camp! After breakfast we went for another little walk and climbed up some big rocks where we had some nice views of the water. 



Afterward, Ellie hung out with Grandpa while we took Lexi in the creek. We walked over to the little island and then went and checked out a little waterfall. It was a pretty cold and windy day though, so we didn't go too far. For the rest of the day/night, we pretty much just hung out around camp, played, ate some food. Lexi learned how to play Yahtzee and beat Grandpa twice, then beat Daddy and Uncle Corey later on. She catches on pretty quick! That night was pretty crazy though. It was FREEZING! I mean we were all dressed warm and everything, but even with Ellie in my sleeping bag my face was frozen! She stayed really warm though :o)! In the middle of the night, the air mattress went flat. Now when I say flat, I guess I mean half flat because my back was completely on the ground but my feet were elevated-what the heck is that about? And Lexi was lost somewhere in the middle! I kept thinking she was going to suffocate and sunken in like that, but she was as snug as a bug in a rug :o)! I must say how surprised I am at my children. I knew that Lexi would have a good time, but I didn't realize how much of a good time I guess. At one point she actually told me camping was better than Disneyland-maybe we are not related after all! I thought for sure Ellie would be miserable having to be held or in the playpen or carrier all the time-she did great! She barely ever even got fussy, and I think she was pretty into everything that was going on around her. She really is an easy baby! As much as I hate camping, it is much better to be able to watch your children have so much fun and take it all in!
We went to Gerle Creek which is off of Ice House Rd.- about a 2 hour drive from where we live. I guess it is a pretty nice place as far as camping goes? We got all of our stuff set up and then went for a little walk across the foot bridge over the creek and checked out the scenery. On the way back we stop at the creek and let the girls put their feet in. Ellie was pretty excited, she ended up getting more than just her feet wet! I hadn't brought my camera with me on that particular walk since we were just checking things out, in fact, I didn't get any pics of kids in water at all which is probably safer for my camera. Anyway, we mostly just hung out for the day-Lexi got as dirty as possible since she never gets to do that at home! 

We attempted to take Lexi out in the canoe, but didn't get too far because it was getting windy and I didn't exactly love the fact that it felt like it was going to tip over every time we rowed! At night by the fire, Lexi got to have smores for the first time ever, so that was a big hit! She snuggled up to Uncle Corey by the fire-she just loves him so :o).
That first night was actually livable-the air mattress kept it's air all night, and it wasn't too terribly freezing. On Sunday we went to Loon Lake nearby and attempted to teach Lexi how to fish. 
It was pretty windy out so we didn't last long at all! She and Britton were able to catch a few rocks in their attempts before we headed back to camp! After breakfast we went for another little walk and climbed up some big rocks where we had some nice views of the water. 



Afterward, Ellie hung out with Grandpa while we took Lexi in the creek. We walked over to the little island and then went and checked out a little waterfall. It was a pretty cold and windy day though, so we didn't go too far. For the rest of the day/night, we pretty much just hung out around camp, played, ate some food. Lexi learned how to play Yahtzee and beat Grandpa twice, then beat Daddy and Uncle Corey later on. She catches on pretty quick! That night was pretty crazy though. It was FREEZING! I mean we were all dressed warm and everything, but even with Ellie in my sleeping bag my face was frozen! She stayed really warm though :o)! In the middle of the night, the air mattress went flat. Now when I say flat, I guess I mean half flat because my back was completely on the ground but my feet were elevated-what the heck is that about? And Lexi was lost somewhere in the middle! I kept thinking she was going to suffocate and sunken in like that, but she was as snug as a bug in a rug :o)! I must say how surprised I am at my children. I knew that Lexi would have a good time, but I didn't realize how much of a good time I guess. At one point she actually told me camping was better than Disneyland-maybe we are not related after all! I thought for sure Ellie would be miserable having to be held or in the playpen or carrier all the time-she did great! She barely ever even got fussy, and I think she was pretty into everything that was going on around her. She really is an easy baby! As much as I hate camping, it is much better to be able to watch your children have so much fun and take it all in!
I am very lucky to have such great girls! And even though it was better than the last time I attempted it, I STILL HATE CAMPING :o). OMG I almost forgot the most important part of the whole trip-I drove all the way home! I know that might not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but I am deathly afraid of heights, and I have not been driving for all that long. I drove down a huge, bendy, mountain!! It was pretty scary and I about had a heart attack through most of it, but I am quite proud of myself now that it is all over with!!













2 comments:
You are so cute! I am so proud of you driving down that mountian! The girls ar adorable as usual. You have such a cute fam :) Love you all so so so much!
Congratulations on your camping trip!! I'm so proud of you! LOL . . . you know what makes camping SO much better? A travel trailer! You have a real bed, real bathroom, heat and A/C! You guys should buy one now that you're a camping family! Welcome to the club. :o)
Post a Comment