Friday, August 15, 2008

Ellie is 10 months (and 2 days) old...

So the 12th was Ellie's "unbirthday," can't believe how fast this little girl is growing. Less than 2 months until her first birthday-how sad is that? Time is really getting to me lately. I don't know what it is or why, but all I can think about is how quick life is passing me by. Maybe it's just the whole, we've been married for a whole year now, I'm turning 24 tomorrow, Ellie's almost one, Lexi's starting Kindergarten on Monday all at once stuff that's got me down. But I have been like seriously blue over here. Yesterday I was rocking Ellie to sleep for her nap and looking at the little one year frame of Lexi's and I just started bawling like a baby! It seems like only yesterday she was my baby. And I feel like now that she is starting Kindergarten, my time with her is pretty much over. Did I really use that time to my advantage? Not at all. I spent far too much of it trying to get an extra 10 minutes of sleep, cleaning, doing laundry, talking on the phone, driving here and there, checking my email, etc, etc. And now she is gone. And someday she will really leave. Why does she have to spend the majority of her days in school until then? Why can't she just stay home and play forever? I'll teach her stuff!! What is the title of this post again? Okay, I still have 3 more days->STOP CRYING!!! Seriously though, these girls are just growing way too fast and it really puts into perspective how limited my time is with them and it SUCKS! Here are a couple of photos of my sweet little almost one year old-and her three SUPER CUTE teeth!

She is really all over the place these days! She is way too quick to keep up with, and in just the past couple of days or so, she has learned to open cupboards! I never had to use those cupboard things with Lex when she was a baby, but I think this time will be different because Ellie is all about cupboards! She also loves to try and eat shoes-EWWW! We have to hide them the second we take them off! Today at soccer practice we were sitting next to the coach's wife and her 3 week old little girl-Ellie was mesmerized by her. So she very nicely turned her toward Ellie so she could get a closer look. First Ellie grabbed her foot, and sort of played with her toes. A few seconds later when she tried to EAT them, we decided she had been making sure they were clean first! Apparently it's not just the shoes :o). She is such a little character though! And always giggling-especially with her big sister...

Check out the best big sister in the world making sure Sissy doesn't fall off the chair, they are just so precious! Love you girls :o)!!!

1 comments:

Jessie Marie said...

I can't believe she is 10 months! holy cow... I definatley relate to you on the whole "time flies" issue. Lols is already 3 months and it is going by soooo fast! You are such a wonderful mom... I guess time flies when you are having fun! P.S. welcome to the 24 club!