Jeez, has it been 2 weeks already since this passed too? I am so behind! So on the 8th we had open house at Lexi's school. She was so excited to show us all the stuff she has been learning and doing all year (even though I have been at school most of the year to see it!!) Such an amazing school, I cannot believe how much they do. Every single day when Mrs. Ruswinkle reads to everyone, the other 2 teachers right down what they did that day, and I had always seen them working on these on Tuesdays when I am there, but I didn't really realize what they were doing. At open house they had them out for all of us to see. They actually right down everything that goes on every day they are in school, from who was calendar teacher to what projects they worked on and it was pretty amazing to see them all out at open house.
Last week we had a huge scare! Due to the recent budget cuts the schools are facing, the district is starting to cut teachers. We were told on Thursday that this was also happening at our school next year. Because 2 Kindergartners are being held back and 1 is moving, we are down to 56 first graders for next year. Since they are increasing class sizes next year to 23, that only left 10 first graders for the third class, so they were going to cut one of the classes. But since there were still those 10 extra kids, the district would have to reassign 10 kids to other schools. They said they would have to cut the last 10 who enrolled in Kindergarten. We were one of those last 10 because we started there the 2nd week of school. I was so heartbroken, we LOVE this school. And Lexi has made so many friends and learned so much here. We were told that we should all start calling the district as they would be making the final decision on this the next day. So myself and a few other parents talked to as many parents as we could and told them to call as soon as they got home. We all sent irate emails and called all day. Thank God all of it worked!! The next day, the school announced the district would not be taking one of our first grade classes thanks to all of our efforts to stop them! I couldn't even imagine not having my daughter there, it is really the most amazing school and the teachers are pretty amazing too!
Anyway, back to open house! It was so fun to be able to see all of her stuff, and she loved showing us everything. We also got to go and check out all of the first grade classes to see what she will be learning about next year. Here are some pictures from open house...



I can't wait to hang this one up in my house...

This was pretty funny, for her Haiku she said she liked skiing and hiking-2 things she has never done :o)...

Showing Ellie her stuff too :o)...


"Parents are not allowed on the playground!!!"



Showing us how to do Tangrams... I was not very good at those!!

Showing Ellie the playground...




Lexi was also calendar teacher again earlier that week, and nervous as ever! She was fidgeting and playing with her hair the whole time, and talking very quietly! So funny to see her act like that, she is not a quiet child at home by a long shot! She did a great job though :o)



Getting her sticker for doing such a good job :o)...

0 comments:
Post a Comment