Friday, January 16, 2009

My Calendar Girl...

Every morning at Lexi's school after the first recess, they have "calendar time." The sign language teachers come in and they go through the day, month, year, weather, how many days they have been in school, etc, etc. It is about a 30 minute process and they do it all in sign language as well as just talking through it. Each time a different kid gets to stand up at the front of the class and got through the whole thing with the sign language teachers. They get to ask questions and call on their friends for the answers, and at the end their friends give them compliments about how good of a job they did and then they get to pick a sticker from the sticker box. Lexi has been calendar teacher a couple of times already, but it always seemed to fall on a morning when I hadn't showered yet or had something to do, and she would tell me the morning of. Today it was her turn again and she told me yesterday, so I made sure I was prepared to go and watch her, and of course take pictures and video of her! She was so nervous and so cute and quiet up there! It is so cute, when she is nervous, she just plays with her hands the whole time in a very nervous sort of way, and she did it the entire time she was up there! I love it, I love her little quirks!! She did a great job though, and I was so proud of her. Toward the end of calendar time, they pop a balloon that had been placed on the day before and have to blow up a balloon for today. The sign language teacher asked her if she knew how to blow up a balloon and she said no. Then she asked her if she could help her and she said "my mom." So she brought me her little balloon and I had to blow it up for her-took me forever!!! (Not something I practice in my spare time :o)) Anyway, it was so fun to be able to see her up there-actually quiet and nervous for the first time ever!! She is such a cutie! I wish I knew how to post a video on here from my camcorder, but I don't, so here are a few pictures of my sweet calendar girl!This one is kinda blurry, but cute nonetheless...I just love her so!!!!!!

1 comments:

Jessie Marie said...

I think she is the best dressed kid in her class... seriousley!