Sunday, January 11, 2009

Santa...

So there were a few other things that we did just before Christmas that I had forgotten to post about, but I got some pretty cute pictures of the girls so I had to post it now! The Saturday before Christmas we went for a ride on the Sacramento River Train with Britton's parents. I have never been on the Polar Express, but I think it is similar to that. It was pretty fun, it was really long though! We just rode the train around the Woodland area and Santa and a few of his elves were there visiting! They had a guy with a guitar who sang Christmas songs and they gave us hot cocoa and cookies and read the night before Christmas. The girls had a blast.

We saw Santa a lot this year! And Ellie did not ever like him, not even once!! We also saw him when we took the girls up to Santa's Secret Adventure in Penryn which was pretty awesome too. It was at night and we got to ride in a horse drawn carriage around the beautiful Penryn Oaks Stables property up to the cabin where Santa was working on "the list." They also gave us hot cocoa and cookies and read the night before Christmas and then Lexi took a picture with Santa. We weren't aloud to bring any cameras to that one though and I keep forgetting to go to the website to buy the picture of Lexi, Santa, and Mrs. Clause!

And lastly we saw him at Santa's night at Lexi's school. That's like a little fundraiser that was put on by the 6th graders to help them fund some sort of field trip they are taking. I didn't take any pictures there either because I was working a craft table for most of it for an extra volunteer hour! I thought it was really awesome though because they had a little store similar to the one at Loomis Preschool. You buy tickets for however many people your kids want to buy for and they go into the little store and someone helps them buy the gifts and wrap them. Such a great idea! Lexi is always so proud of her gifts! The only difference between this and Loomis Preschool is that those gifts were actually handmade items that all of the parents had to make-we were each required to make 20 gifts (per preschooler) and at Dewey, the items are just donated by the families whose children attend the school (so they are used items.) Either way I still think it is a great concept. Lexi actually did really well picking out her gifts both times, I just thought the handmade items were cuter!

Anyway, here I am babbling and I have more to post about, so here are some of the pictures that I took on the Sacramento River Train... Oh yeah and jammies were required!
My sweet princess (well one of them!)...

Ellie was having a blast and hammin it up for the camera like always!"I wot fr crsms is..." (I think she means "I want for Christmas!!")Lexi and one of the weirdest looking elves I've ever seen!Me and my goose!Lexi and Grandpa...
I think Ellie may have been the only one who actually liked the gingerbread cookies!
The luckiest man alive...Lexi was in charge of the jingle bells...Playing with Grandma and Grandpa...Lexi and Santa..This is how much Ellie liked Santa...I miss Christmas already!!

0 comments: