Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trip to Bishop's + Carving Pumpkins...

The weekend before last, we headed out to our favorite pumpkin patch, Bishop's Pumpkin Farm out in Wheatland with our friends the Blincoes. We discovered this pumpkin patch for the first time last year and even though it is a bit of a drive it is so worth it. There are a few pumpkin farms closer to us, but this one is more old fashioned, yet still pretty big. Last year Lexi was confused as to where all the rides were, but I think an old fashioned pumpkin farm is much better than the ones we had been taking her too! Once again it was a fun trip. Although I did make one mistake this year when I let her pan for gold-aka marbles. Last year we had skipped it, and I wished I had been smart again. She got so muddy! But I guess it is more important that she was very proud of all of the marbles she found! Our little jailbird :o)...

Lexi and Zackary...Ellie hanging out in the stroller-she is such a good stroller baby :o)...Wish we would have gotten one of these last year to compare...Ellie hearts Brayden :o)...Pumpkin hunting...Lexi and her pumpkin...Zackary and his pumpkin...Daddy and his girls...Our family...
Greg, Carrie, Zackary, and Brayden...After our trip to Bishop's, of course Lexi couldn't wait to carve out pumpkins! Ellie hanging out having a snack while Daddy and Lex do all the hard work!This year she got to carve her very own pumpkin!
She did a pretty good job too! Here is a picture of it that I just ran out and took because I forgot to take a pic of it before LOL!! It is kinda moldy and in the garage, so definitely not the best picture!! I was pretty excited too because I had found a pumpkin that I was positive I could fit Ellie in for another one of my crazy ideas! So a few days after we carved them, my grandma came over and we attempted to get this picture of Ellie in a pumpkin that I just had to have! But I hadn't made the opening big enough, so I had to keep cutting more and more of the back out. By the time I finally got it to where Ellie could fit in it, she was really mad and this was all I got (my grandma is gonna be mad that I posted a pic of her in her jammies :o))...
Then of course it was rainy all weekend and my pumpkins all molded so I didn't get a chance to try again. I am so sad!

2 comments:

Jessie Marie said...

Oh my god! How adorable is Lexi's pumpkin! and The pictuers of Ellie in the pumpkin! What a doll!

Chandra said...

Very cute! The girls are getting SO big!! :o)