Friday, October 24, 2008

Lexi's First Kindergarten Field Trip...

So yesterday, we went to Zittel Farms in Folsom for Lexi's very first field trip. I was SO nervous about her riding the bus and was really bummed I didn't get to ride on it with her. Luckily I carpooled with some other moms so I wasn't a complete nervous wreck! Of course, like any other crazy, over paranoid parent, I just did not like the idea of her going anywhere without being in a car seat. But needless to say, she was fine. It was a cute little pumpkin patch, much smaller than the ones we are used to though! But they had some animals, a little hay ride, and a couple of little mazes. It really didn't matter what they had though, Lexi was going to have a blast no matter what! And I was excited to chaperon-it's not very often that I get to spend some time with just her these days. Mr. and Mrs. Zittel were all decked out in costumes-she was an Indian and he was dressed as farmer Amos?? LOL! She led us through the pumpkin patch and told us about all the different kinds of pumpkins. Then when we got over to the cows and goats Mr. Zittel talked about the animals and what they ate and then sang a few songs for the kids. Then we went on the hayride and then Lexi picked out her pumpkin. It was a lot of fun, but the highlight of Lexi's day was definitely riding the school bus. She had been begging to go on one for awhile! Here are a few photos...Lexi and her best buddy Kylie, she has known her since her first year of preschool-I have to find the disk it is on first, and I will also post a pic of them at another pumpkin patch 2 years ago-they have grown way too much :o)...Our little group...Pigs stink...Can you please move your big noggin?...Corn for the goats...Wish this one would have come out better, but for some reason I still love it!

All of the Kindergartners...Lexi and I...Oh and isn't her shirt cute? I made it! Not my idea, but my art :o). Okay, it's not that great, but clearly it's better than my cakes :o).







1 comments:

Jessie Marie said...

Her first fieild trip! Time is just flying by isn't it! As always she is adorable and her skinny jeans? fabulous!