Monday, November 10, 2008

End of the season...

Well, soccer season is over and to be completely honest, I couldn't be happier! Don't get me wrong, I am all for Lexi playing soccer and I am excited for her to do it again next year. It's just that this time we put her in a league that was terrible and well, we didn't get so lucky with the majority of the team either! Lexi and her little buddy Hunter were literally the only 2 children on the team who listened-ever. Now I know you are all thinking "of course she would say her kid was good," but I am serious. While this child never listens to me at home, she was a completely different kid on that field. And it was so difficult to watch the 2 of them have to stand around all the time waiting to be able to play because everyone else was causing trouble. Not to mention poor Britton. He had volunteered to be assistant coach since he played for so long and our coach knew absolutely nothing about soccer. Turns out he was also unable to go to any of our games which left Britton in charge of coaching games. But because the coach had instilled absolutely no discipline in these kids, they were horrible for Britton. It is really tough to make Britton mad (unless you are me-I am a pro at it :o)LOL!!) but he would leave every game so mad-actually it was kinda funny!-No, not really! Ugh, but I am so glad it is over and next year we are getting into a different league and hopefully it won't be so bad. I think they actually won their last game, but we'll just say it wasn't the BEST season. But Lexi did have a blast playing and is also super proud to be the owner of a shiny little trophy :o). She is showing it to everyone who comes over! Of course since it was the end of soccer, we had to have a party, and we all decided to go to John's Incredible Pizza Company-one of Lexi's very favorite places! The kids had a blast of course!
But I think Ellie had the most fun of all! They have a littler kids play area with these cool cubes that they can climb in and she loved them. It was the first time she ever really got to play at a place like that, and she was SO cute-well she always is, but you know what I mean :o)...Love these girls!!!

0 comments: