Lexi is such a determined little girl! At the beginning of school, all of the Kindergarten teachers introduced "The shoe tying club." {Obviously} you get to be in this "club" when you learn to tie your shoes. All it really means is that your name is on a large list posted in the classroom, and you get a special badge pinned to your shirt for the day that says "I can tie my shoes!" And of course, the bragging rights to run around telling everyone you're in the shoe tying club! Lexi has been determined to join this club from the moment she heard about it! The problem was, we were so busy all of the time with soccer and school and homework and Ellie and having fun that every time we meant to sit down and actually teach her it was time to do something else! Finally I sat down with her and attempted to teach her a few times, and then so did Daddy, but she got frustrated with us pretty quickly saying she already knew how to do it! Luckily, she got the general idea and then just needed some practice! We went to bed one night with her not knowing how to tie her shoe and the next day when I picked her up from school she ran out screaming "I'M IN THE SHOE TYING CLUB!!!" Of course, I was REALLY excited for her, but I had to ask, "how did that happen?" She told me that she practiced through all of circle time, at activity time she didn't do any activities-only practiced tying her shoe, was then told to pay attention in reading group because she still couldn't stop trying, and what do you think she did during recess? Well apparently it paid off, because she came home with her special little badge and a huge smile on her face! 
Now the only problem is that she wants to wear tennies every day and they don't really go with skirts or dresses!

Her mustache?


On another note, she is also doing really great on the field! Of course, she is one of the only 2 children on the team who actually listens, so that is a little tough, but we have almost made it through the season and she has been having a blast! We haven't won too many games, but Lexi is an all star! I'm sure most parents say that, but even when she can't quite get to it, she never stops following that ball! 
I am very sad to say however, that it is my luck I missed her very best game. I had been to all but one game (due to my having strep throat and the flu), and up came an event I just had to go to. Of course the one time I decide to go to drunken Rockband night with the ladies from the mom's group I'm in, who decided to score THREE WHOLE GOALS in one game? That would be my girl! I felt SO bad to have missed her best game ever. Needless to see, I have passed up all other Friday night activities since just in case. Now I can't wait for the season to be over because I need to get out!! This Friday is our last game though, and I don't even know how I am going to break it to Lex, this girl loves soccer :o).













1 comments:
What a great pic of her with her badge on :) She is so cute!
Post a Comment