Monday, August 18, 2008

Saturday...

What a busy day Saturday ended up being! It was opening day for soccer, and the parade was to begin at 7:30am and Lexi was to play to scrimmage games, one at 12:30 and one at 2pm. We actually ended up skipping the parade for an early morning photo shoot downtown for Sacramento Magazine-we'll talk more about that when the issue is closer to coming out-gotta keep you in suspense :o)!! Then we got some lunch and headed over to the field for our very first soccer game! The games were actually running late by about half an hour which was a bummer, but not too long of a wait. It was well worth it anyway, because the Stingrays (our team) kicked some serious butt!! Lexi gets a pep-talk from her loving assistant coach AKA Daddy!!!Our little number 17 is a star! And such a trooper, she is seriously focused. Even though it was tough to get the ball at times, she never let it out of her sight, and more importantly, never stopped following it! We are so proud of her, she is an amazing little girl!

Her good friend Hunter (from her first preschool) is also on her team. He scored his first goal this game and I honestly don't know who was happier, Hunter or Lexi! She was so proud of her friend's success! Their excitement was the cutest thing, I wish I had it on tape. See this face? It is definitely not the look of defeat!!! GO STINGRAYS!!! So we were supposed to play another game at 3pm (running late) and Lexi could not be more excited! So Britton and I were quite shocked when the team mom of the other team came over and told us that her parents were just too hot and tired to play and would we be okay with just not playing?? WHAT?? Well I guess it's a good thing it was the parents that were hot and tired because they were not the ones who had to play! And although it was not what all of our team wanted, Britton and I of course insisted we should play because it was not about the parents-the kids want to play. I can't even believe this was an issue! It was the very first day of soccer, how can you quit on the very first day?? If you think for one second when you enroll your kid in soccer that it will not be hot when they are practicing and playing in the middle of August, you are seriously mistaken!! So we said play and they said okay. We decided to drop Ellie off with my mom real quick since it was pretty hot out for her and we came back with our champion who was ready to kick some more butt, and our team was gone. Supposedly the other team forfeited, but who knows. All I know is that we currently belong to a league of QUITTERS!!! So bummed, Lexi was bawling, luckily the cotton candy cured that! Later on Britton took me to my favorite for dinner El Novillero, that's where I usually go for my birthday. Then we came home for some birthday cheesecake! I actually ended up going to bed way early because of a really bad migraine that actually ended up lasting all day Sunday, eventually making me really sick-maybe it was all that heat? I still wouldn't have made my daughter quit!! All in all, it was still a great day, and Lexi made me the best card ever! ...Ellie says... "Am I gettin a piece of that??"Lexi can already taste it!! ***Eww, serious rootage!!Happy Birthday to me :o)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

mandy said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Kathy and Ed said...

Now mom, forfeits are okay as long as it's the OTHER team LOL Happy Birthday Girl.

Chandra said...

What better present than to have those 2 angels on your lap! Happy Birthday old lady! ha ha ha

Jessie Marie said...

Sorry but I have to steal this last pic! You girls are so adorable! Lucky Britton!