Wow I cannot believe it is already here (well, was here since it was yesterday!) Seems like just yesterday we brought Miss Lexi home from the hospital. It really was a sad day in the Taylor house! All morning long I kept asking "Are you sure you want to go?" Do you know what that little monster said to me? "I'm going, so stop whining!!!" Oh dear, I've already lost her! I was watching in her my rear view window with tears in my eyes all the way there. She just looked so grown up and ready for her big day. When we got there, she ditched me immediately for the playground, and of course, wanted nothing to do with my camera! 

Every time I tried to take her picture she turned away (which is why I didn't get any great pictures.) Finally, I was embarrassed enough to stop trying! It was time to line up. I told Lexi to line up and waited off to the side thinking I would go in after her to get her situated and tell her goodbye. After all the little Kindergartners shuffled into the classroom, Mrs. Geddes turned to all of us parents and said, "See you in a couple of hours." That's it? I barely had time to yell goodbye before she shut the door. I was heart broken, I didn't get to hug her or tell her to have a good day or to introduce herself to other kids. I didn't get to tell her how proud I was of her and how amazing she is. My little Kindergartner...
Lining up, I think she was finally starting to feel the butterflies in her tummy...

Not that I wouldn't have anyway, but I bawled all the way home. I couldn't stop wondering if she would be nervous or scared. If she would just sit there quietly all by herself or try and make a friend. If she had any one to play with out on the playground when it was time for recess. I know, I'm a baby, but who the hell asked you??? (Just kidding :o)) Anyway, the point is, it was SAD!! So when I got home, I cried some more of course :o) and then put Ellie down for her morning nap. I hung out with my grandma for a few minutes (she had stayed here with Ellie so I could take Lexi on my own), and then it was time for her to go. When I walked her out, for some REALLY STUPID reason, I shut the door; which, apparently, I had locked!!! If you are having a hard time piecing this all together, I was outside the locked door while Ellie was INSIDE the locked door, OH MY GOD!!! Okay, luckily she was asleep in her playpen, but who knows how long she will sleep for! I an next door to get a key, but my landlords were not home. I called Britton and he said he could come and let me in, but he was working all the way downtown. Even though it only took him about 20 minutes to get there, I was still going crazy! Ellie was just waking up when we got inside! As if my morning had not already been traumatizing enough-UGH! The good news though, is that everybody survived the chaotic day, and Lexi had a great time at school and absolutely loves it! THANK GOD!!
3 comments:
Yay Lexi! You're a big kindergartner now!
Awww! tear! She looks so cute! Congrats on being a big girl Lexi!
good for you Lex...sorry mom that's how it works. Secretly I think the teachers love that torture!! Hidden key outside the house....cure.
Post a Comment