Sunday, June 22, 2008

The girls @the park and OMG MY HAIR...

We haven't done too much this past week... thought I'd post a few pictures of the girls from when we took them downtown to McKinley park on Thursday. Lexi is in love with that park now-it was the first time she had been there. Then of course we had to stop at my taco shop for dinner and Burr's Fountain for some ice cream before heading back. I so miss living in midtown. It's just so much prettier than Citrus Heights! There are so many trees and the houses are so much cuter. Too bad it's so expensive :o( So anyway, the girls were really enjoying the park, but it was SO hot out that we couldn't stay too long. Ellie LOVES to swing!

Although I think she actually prefers me swinging with her in the ergo-it makes her giggle a lot!:o) And I didn't get too many great phohos of Lexi because she was running Daddy all over the place playing hide and seek... it is the perfect park for hide and seek though...Britton helped her up on the monkey bars, and she made it over to the 3rd bar all on her own-I was pretty impressed! She is way too big! She looks SO much like her Daddy in this photo...That was pretty much all we did for the week! But it's so hot out, we're really trying to stay indoors for now!! ....On a much crappier note... I went to Deeda yesterday to get my hair done and omg. Well let's rewind for just a moment... I was perfectly happy with the girl who last did my hair somewhere else, but Britton did a side job for some guy who's sister owns a salon and decided to trade some of the work for a hair appointment for me since this place is supposed to be the new hair hot-spot. Well needless to say, the sister was not the one who ended up doing my hair and the girl who did totally turned me ORANGE... then she highlighted again, and a little less orange, but still orange. After the 3rd time, I am now like a platinum-orange combination-ugh!!! And to top it all off, (before she had turned me orange) I had told her to cut my hair however since I was sick of it and she gave me an a-line bob. Granted, it would be a super cute haircut for someone who is about 60 lbs lighter that I am, but not so much for me. It is TERRIBLE. I am pretty much gaining a pound a second these days with this whole stupid thyroid issue I'm having and this haircut makes my face look even fatter than it already is. But after 8 hours of me being in the salon (crying for about 4 of them) there wasn't much else we could do. So, for those of you who I actually hang out with on a regular basis-I'll see you in a few months when my hair grows out since I won't be leaving my house until then!! (Well except of course to go and try to have my color fixed.) UGH!!!

3 comments:

mandy said...

Awww...you should just post a picture of your new hairdo on here and get it over with. Then you won't have to stay in hiding! I bet it's not so bad!

Kathy and Ed said...

LOL My daughter took the words right out of my mouth. Come on, give us a little time to warm up and you can come out in public again. McKinley Park is the greatest, we did it once when Mike or Mandy was small. The girls look so good, stooooop growing girls....

Kathy and Ed said...

well how did that happen??? Hum Ed had nothing to do with it LOL