So yesterday we decided to hit the road and head down to San Francisco for a day of fun. I told Britton it was going to be 58 degrees there, and he decided to wear shorts and a t-shirt. He had said it would be a "hot" 58 degrees-as if that even exists! Well it's a good thing we brought the his parents and Britton's dad brought a sweatshirt for him, otherwise he would have frozen to death! It was pretty chilly-but I thought it was perfect. So first off, we headed over to the San Francisco Zoo. Can you believe I had never been there before?? Crazy, right? Well it is now clear to me that (living in Sac) I never even knew what a real zoo looks like! Our zoos are seriously lacking, and the SF Zoo isn't even the best one in CA, I have got to get out more! I thought the zoo was pretty awesome, but Miss Lexi was not impressed! All she wanted to do was go to the beach :o).
I am usually a big cats kind of girl, but for some reason I was fascinated by the giraffes, they were beautiful, and this little guy was so cute!
Of course, none of them were as cute as this last giraffe we found :o)
We also found one of these, although I'm not really sure what it is??? :o)
This zoo has so many great photo ops! Love it :o)
Ellie with Grandma and Grandpa...
Us on the steam train...
This guy was pretty cute, and he even posed for me a little...
This guy is amazing...... {Lions are my absolute favorite animals-they are viscous-like me :o)


Our little Ellie-phant was such a trooper! She was good all day, even in spite of not ever being able to get down and cause a ruckus! And somehow she was still worn out!
Lexi is such a poser! 

So after a few hours at the zoo, we headed to Baker beach to play in the sand, and Lexi could not have been happier! This was her highlight of the entire day. We thought for sure she would hate it because it was so cold and windy, and we knew the water would be freezing, but she didn't care at all. She is a total beach girl. She didn't want to play in the sand as much as I thought she would either, she was more interested in catching some waves! Although she didn't quite understand [no matter how many times we explained it] why she couldn't just go it alone-she was pretty irritated at the fact that we had to hold onto her-but we did it anyway! We were there probably about an hour before Ellie was sick of being held and started fussing, so she did pretty good there as well. This is where the most traumatizing event occured... as I was getting things together so we could get going, I picked my camera bag up by the handle and the camera and my coveted zoom lens both fell in the sand 

I'm not saying any names here, but someone could sure use a tan...hehehe :o)



After playing at the beach for awhile, we decided to head down to the wharf for some dinner. Miss Lexi was so unhappy to leave her favorite place that she cried for like half an hour-guess we should move a little closer to the city :o). We went and ate at Bubba Gump's-yummmmm-I love that place! Then after a quick ride on the carousel it was time to go. We had a great day {despite Britton's crazy driving in the city that almost gave me a thousand heart attacks} and it was a bummer that we had to go, but we were pretty worn out! I love San Francisco, and am currently looking for rentals :o). There is so much to do and see there, and I am glad that Lexi is obviously going to love that city as much as I do! I really wish we could afford to live there! I don't even care about the traffic, I love it there! But hopefully we can visit again before winter comes since there is still SO much she has left to see! Now please take a moment of silence and say a prayer for myself and my dear camera..... Off to bed.....













1 comments:
Sounds like a great day. I love that every time I come in here it's different. You are gonna have to show me how to do it!!!
The camera makes me speechless!!!
Good luck.
Post a Comment