Friday, October 16, 2009

Our Little Mia Hamm!!!

Well now that soccer is almost over I figure I should post a few of the thousands of pictures I have taken this season!! I signed up to be the team photographer and I have taken SO many pictures that I'm surprised my computer has not exploded already!! So this year Lexi is playing for Fair Oaks (thank God) and they are SO much better than the league she played for last year. Their colors are yellow and black, so of course Lexi's team is the Bumblebees :o). They have had a pretty great season thus far and Lexi is getting more amazing by the day! I think as of now, we have only lost 1 game, tied another, and won the rest. The Bumblebees are getting so great at working together, and passing to each other. Although, they do still want to steal the ball from each other!! Lexi has been playing goalie a lot and LOVES it, but where she really shines is as a forward! She is super quick and really great at dribbling and keeping the ball close to her. She has been kicking the ball through the legs of her opponents which is awesome!! (I got a pretty decent pick of one of those below :o)) They lost the last game last week, but the game before that one, Lexi was on fire!! She controlled pretty much the whole game as it was her turn to sit out on goalie, and she scored 2 goals!! She was so proud of herself and kept telling us that all day!! We are really excited that she's doing so well and really enjoy watching her out there! Soccer really is 'her thing,' which of course makes Daddy happy!! It is so funny to watch her out there though, at practice she is just a total goofball, but when it's game time she is all business! We are so proud of you Lex, keep up the great work!

0 comments: