I still can't believe how quick the first day of school came this year, I wasn't ready for her to go yet! I am actually REALLY bummed that Lexi in the first grade now! She is now gone every single day from 8:15am-3pm and I miss her SO much while she's gone! She had told me all week that she wasn't nervous to go back to school, but I think that all changed on the actual day of! Even so, she found her friends quickly, which I think made her feel better right away. She was really excited to be on the "big" playground this year. There is just so much more room to play! She didn't get the teacher I was hoping for, but she seems to like the teacher she did get so I guess that's good! I just miss her so much! Ellie too, every time we drop Lexi off at school, Ellie cries "I want Sissy," all the way home. So sad. It wouldn't be AS bad if she didn't also have so much going on after school everyday, but she does, so we really don't get to see enough of her anymore. Such a busy little bee, but I think her crazy schedule is already wearing her out. She has soccer practice on Monday and Wednesday evenings, and gymnastics on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, soccer games on Saturdays, and Girl Scouts every other Wednesday after school, plus whatever weekend events they do when those start. UGH!! It is just way too much to keep up with, even for me. This last week she has been pretty emotional, probably mostly because she's exhausted. Luckily, this session of gymnastics will be over in 3 or so weeks and then I won't sign her up again until soccer is over. Kind of a bummer though too, because she is getting much better at it. Her somersaults are looking pretty good these days, she is a genius on the balance beam (or bean as she calls it), and she can get herself up on the uneven bars and do a flip without any help now! Probably by the time we start back up again it will be like starting from scratch, but oh well, I am going crazy not having enough time with my girl! She seems to be liking the first grade though, thankfully! Although she has been saying she wants to stay home because we don't get to spend enough time together anymore. I agree. Even just with homework, baths, and dinner it seems busy after such a long time of her being gone. I miss her so much and I am counting down the days for at least gym to be over with so we can have 3 whole nights a week together!! CAN'T WAIT!! Here are some pics of my little first grader on her first day of school, can't believe she is old enough to be in first grade already :o(.
Looking nervous :o)
Sunday, September 6, 2009
The First Day of First Grade!!!
Posted by lexinelliesmom at 9:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Really excited about the "big" monkey bars...
With her buddy Kylie... 















0 comments:
Post a Comment